1. The License Plate GameAs you drive down the road, everyone in the car looks for license plates from different states. The goal is to spot vehicles from all 50 states, although Alaska and Hawaii are rare finds!
2. Tic-Tac-ToeThis classic game will keep 2 members of your road trip entertained for a while. Two players are assigned an X or an O; the two alternate placing their symbol, and then the player with 3 in a row wins. Make a tournament with all passengers or play best of 5 to extend the game.
3. 20 QuestionsIn the popular road trip game, 20 Questions, the first player mentally chooses an answer; then all participants try to narrow down the answer by asking questions. If the carload gets to the twentieth question without figuring out the answer, the answer is revealed.
4. I SpyMost people are familiar with I Spy. This is a fun way to get everyone on your road trip involved. The first player starts off with, “I spy with my little eye, something (color/shape)”. The person who spots the correct item wins and is now the one who chooses an object.
5. HangmanPassengers can play hangman on paper or a small whiteboard. The “Wheel of Fortune” based game gives players a chance to guess the letters that make up the phrase. This is a fun way to test knowledge and pass the time.
6. The Alphabet GameSimilar to I Spy, The Alphabet Game can be played by anyone in the car. Players look for any object outside the vehicle that has letters. The trick to the game is to go in order through the alphabet as you pass signs, buildings, or any object with words. Be warned, this game can be pretty dry if there are few signs along the road you travel.
8. The Singing GameIf your group is into music, this is the game for you! When a song comes on and everyone is singing along, randomly mute the radio. The last person still accurately singing the lyrics is the winner.
9. I’m Going on a PicnicMemory games are a great way to spend time on a road trip. The first participant starts with, “I’m going on a picnic and I’m bringing….(something that starts with an A). The next person will start the phrase over and add an item that starts with the better B. The goal is to continue through the entire alphabet. The player who is stumped when remembering the full list of items to bring on a picnic loses.
Before you hit the road on your adventure, ensure your ride is ready for the trip. Double check your tires to ensure there is adequate tread to safely navigate the roadway. Also make sure your fluids are filled. You can bring your ride by our California, MO vehicle maintenance department for a quick check up. We can change your oil and perform a multi-point check to make sure your ride is ready for your next road trip! Happy Labor Day Weekend from the entire team at Spieler's Inc.!
Proudly Serving the Columbia,
Jefferson City, and California, MO Areas