1) Fill All FluidsCheck your oil, windshield fluid, and any other engine fluids required. Also, make sure your gas tank is full before your big trip. This can help ensure your ride is ready for your excursion.
2) Clean CarTake some time to clean your car up before you hit the road. This will give you and your crew a fresh start for your trip. Vacuum out your car and wash the exterior for a sleek ride for your road trip!
3) Plan Your RouteBefore you head out, plan your route. Even if you are being adventurous and taking it day-by-day, it's important to have an idea of where you're headed. Summer is prime time for road construction. Try to plan your route around major road construction that may have you sitting in traffic.
4) Have Entertainment ReadyWhether it's an adult only trip or a family vacation, entertainment is often needed when traveling. From movies to games to music, try to plan some entertainment ahead of time. Also, have plenty of options ready. Kids get tired of a certain activity quickly and you may need another entertainment option on hand.
5) Pack SnacksIt's important to have food on hand for your next road trip. This can help you avoid stopping frequently for a quick snack. It can also be more cost effective than buying food at a gas station!
7) Check Your Emergency KitEnsure your emergency kit is stocked. Jumper cables, first aid kit, flashlight, and non-perishable food are all great items to include in your kit. While no one plans on needing these items, it sure comes in handy if you do!
Before you hit the road, be sure your ride is ready to take on the road. Stop by our dealership for all of your needs for car maintenance in mid-Missouri. We look forward to helping you prepare your ride! Be sure to tell us about your upcoming trip - we love hearing where our customers are off to on their summer vacations! From the entire staff at Spieler's Inc., we wish you a memorable and SAFE road trip this summer!
Proudly Serving the Columbia,
Jefferson City, and California, MO Areas