Car Repair and Maintenance
Breaking down is never a pleasant experience, but at least you can be prepared by keeping some basic tools that can get you back on the road again.
- Spare tire, along with a tire jack and tire iron - If you are stranded, you will be able to change the tire yourself as long as you have all three of these. If your wheels require a special key, make sure to keep it in the car.
- Tire inflater and sealer - Keeping a product like Fix-a-Flat on hand may get you to the repair shop without changing the tire.
- Jumper cables - You never know when you or someone else will have a dead battery and jumper cables will be warranted.
- Your car's manual - Keep your car's manual in the glove compartment, so that you know what your car's warning signals mean.
- Car repair information - Always keep your car insurance claim forms and contact information for your repair shop handy.
- Tire pressure gauge - Having a low tire may cause a flat or blowout. Keep a tire pressure gauge in your car and check the pressure regularly. This overlooked basic maintenance procedure can greatly affect the performance of your vehicle.
Safety and Survival
Keeping an emergency kit in your car is a good idea whether you are just traveling to and from work or spending a great deal of time commuting in your car. Some of the essential safety items to keep in your car in case of emergency are:
- First-aid kit
- Matches and candle
- Energy bars
- Water bottles
- Weather radio
- Seat belt cutter
- Window breaker
- Flares or reflective triangle
- Paper maps
Many of the essential items on this list can easily fit into a large canvas bag or plastic storage bin. There are some additional items you may want to add to your car that may make your trips more convenient when traveling with kids, or when it is raining perhaps. You never know when you may be out and some of these other things might come in handy:
- Paper towels
- Kleenex or a roll of toilet paper
- Pen and paper
- Spare cash in case of emergency
- Change of clothes
- USB mobile device charger
Spieler's Inc.Wants You to Be Prepared on the Road
Spieler's Inc. has been your family-owned car dealer in Jefferson City since 1968. We know this list isn't exhaustive and your needs might vary, but your safety and comfort on the road is important to us. Even if it sounds like a lot, by being prepared, you can make any emergency situations less stressful.
Proudly Serving the Columbia,
Jefferson City, and California, MO Areas